Saturday, August 25, 2012

Online Course Design


Designing Online Courses

     The next step to online certification has arrived. This class deals with design of the courses and I am on tiptoes of anticipation for what this class will add to my knowledge of online teaching. Having not taught in the online environment it will be interesting to see the difference in preparing an online class to a traditional class. Thus far I have learned both learning and teaching styles along with how to work with different learning styles.  Facilitating the course in a live session was a great experience that brought periods of anxiety and hopefulness. In the end my partner and I had a successful session. I had a better understanding of when to use summative or formative assessment after facilitating.  Learning to design the course will put another notch in my belt.

The previous online classes taught me that design needs to follow an organized format; the lecturette and resources need to be reflective of lesson topic, checking links in design is an ongoing process and that the format should be easy for the student to follow.

Upon completion of this design course I expect to know not only how to design my classes but be able to make them both challenging and interactive. I also hope to have a better feeling about group projects, because they are important and I need to utilize them in my design. Strategies for learning and applying best practices to the online environment are also amongst the things I intend on adding to repertoire of knowledge.

 

                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment