Wednesday, April 24, 2013


 
 
Online Teaching

Final Blog

    Two years ago I decided to embark on something that was totally out of  my league. I am  a nurse and yes I teach, but in the clinical setting. This journey to become certified as an online instructor has been amazing. The final class was the easiest but I had trouble getting into and allowing my creativity to flow.  Producing digital content was literally pulling all the previously built pieces together into one shell. In that it didn’t require technical skills it requires one to understand how to navigate through blackboard and be able to set things up appropriately. We took our class content from the previous class and further developed it to fit the shell. My class was entitled Introduction to Nursing Leadership.

     Some of the processes were time consuming because it took several attempts to get it to work properly. Overall, I gained the necessary knowledge to be able to set up a class appropriately on Blackboard. This should also be an eye opener for other learning management systems. I had difficulty being creative with this class.I think that was just because I had so much going on at one time. Finishing up with my doctoral degree and breaking in a new CEO on my job has been draining. But I am confident that when I design my online courses that they will be creative and attractive to the learner.

     This journey has been well worth it. It has allowed me to accomplish a goal I set for myself. In addition, it has taken away that fear of technology that I entered the certification program with. I look forward to teaching nurses in the online environment. I am glad I decided to take this journey and explore an area that was so unfamiliar to me.
 

 YEAH ME!!! THANK YOU GOD MY JOURNEY HERE IS COMPLETE
I am ready for the next chapter in my life.
Peace
SIMPLYME

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment